Next Meeting of the West Kootenay Fly Fishing Club
Feb 6, 2020 – Meeting 7 pm Sandman Inn, Castlegar
About the West Kootenay Fly Fishing Club
The Purposes of our Club
- To promote the sport of fly fishing
- To co-operate with and assist appropriate government agencies in the maintenance and enhancement of fly fishing opportunities in the West Kootenay
- To provide a forum for exchange of fly fishing ideas and techniques
- to associate with provincial fly fishing organizations
- To help educate local youth in the pleasures of fly fishing.
Our Agenda Includes
- Fly tying
- Rod building
- Tackle tips
- Fly casting clinics
- Float tubing
- Fly patterns
- Pack-in trips
- “Secret” locations
- Fly tying tips
It was only about an hour drive to Castlegar where the Kootenay River joins the Columbia which then flows into Washington and Oregon. Rated the number one river in the fishing guide, it is much too big for us to handle in a canoe, but we thought we should check it...
Hello All Fly Club Members. This is our last message for 2019. Our last meeting was a quick one, speaker was ill and could not make it. We discussed and organized the Christmas Kettle drive for the Salvation Army Trail Div. Many thanks to those who volunteered, Fran,...