Hello Fly club members: A few items of interest.
1. We have our club meeting this Thursday, 7 pm , Sandman Inn. We have one or two speakers. Tysen Ehlers, a Biologist living in the slocan valley will give us a great presentation on Mushrooms. Tysen is an avid picker and biologist on the world of shrooms?? And we might have Jason Bowers give a presentation on Haida Gwaii fishing lodge. If he remembers!
2. Its time to load up our fish with flys. Please do your best to give the bare fish a doz. of your none useful flies if need be. Most of us have quite a few of these. If your a tier give us a few minutes of time and do a doz for the fish. The symposium is fast approaching.
3. There is one more fly tying nite in Castlegar,ie my house. 7 pm tonite. were tying braided dragon nymphs. last week was the braided stonefly nymph. these will test even the best tiers.
4. The ongoing draw this past couple months is Bill Hanlons hand made fly tyers box. A beautiful crafted travel box any fly tyer would love to have. tickets are only $5.00 each to members only. we will have them at the meeting and can be also picked up at the fly shop. draw will be done when all tickets are sold.
5. Last If your coming thru and have a place to put up advertising posters for our symposium, stop by and pick some up. We need all the advertising we can get.
ok thats all for now. tight lines and tangled tippets. See you at the meeting. Rod Zavaduk.
Hello All : Just a quick note to remind all of the meeting tonight @ 7 pm Sandman Inn.
We have a couple speakers, Bruce Kruk will give a talk and tying lesson on the Columbia river and / or Spey casting. We also have Heather Lamson, fishery biologist from east Kootenays. Heather did the research on the Whiteswan lake / white river issue and will talk on that. See you all there.
Second , fly tying has started in Castlegar on Tuesday nights and Wednesday nights in Fruitvale. A good time to get started for the upcoming Symposium. And remember you all have to get a dozen flies in to load up the foam fish for the Symposium. OK, thats all for now.
Tight lines and tangled tippets. RZ.